Britain’s longest-reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, died on September 8, 2022. Her funeral took place on September 19, 2022, with dignitaries in attendance. A number of people have paid their respects to him by sharing anecdotes and incidents from the 70 years he spent on the throne. Interestingly, some of his favorite recipes have also resurfaced recently. Recently, we saw a special scone recipe from Queen Elizabeth’s kitchen go viral on the internet. The recipe was shared in 1960 with then US President Dwight D. Eisenhower. And now, another recipe from the royal kitchen has gone viral on social media. Queen Elizabeth’s signature recipe for scrambled eggs has been shared by a popular nutritionist on Instagram. Take a look:
Queen Elizabeth’s scrambled egg recipe was shared by nutritionist Lee Holmes on Instagram Reels. According to the post, one of Holmes’ friends claimed that he had cooked for the Queen several years ago. So, Lee has also tried making these scrambled eggs in a way that the Queen likes and he also really enjoys the recipe. “One of my lovely friends was lucky enough to cook for the Queen and she shared with me her favorite scrambled egg recipe,” she wrote on her account. blog. “Mom sometimes likes to start the day with a protein breakfast and these eggs are customized the way she likes it,” he further added.
As per the recipe on Lee Holmes’ blog, Queen Elizabeth’s scrambled egg recipe calls for the use of chocolate egg and not egg whites. While the other ingredients for scrambled eggs are fairly commonplace, two are different from the rest – lemon zest and a pinch of nutmeg. Chopped scallions and kippers can also be used to serve up a delicious egg dish that is said to be one of the Queen’s favourites.
Here’s Queen Elizabeth II’s Complete Scrambled Egg Recipe As Shared By Lee Holmes:
- 3 organic eggs (chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Slices of scallions and goalkeepers to serve (optional)
- Beat eggs and milk in a bowl until well combined. Add salt to taste.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and reduce the heat, moving them around the pan slowly with a spatula so they don’t stick to the bottom.
- Just before it starts to harden, add the lemon zest, nutmeg, and extra salt, if desired and stir.
- Serve immediately, garnished with pepper and spring onions.
So, give this amazing scrambled egg recipe a try and let us know how you like it. We won’t be surprised if it becomes your favourite, like Queen Elizabeth.
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves to talk and meet like-minded foodies (especially those who love veggie momos). Plus points if you get bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat.